Who says eggs have to be only a breakfast thing?!
This was a yummy, hearty, nutritious dinner!
It’s sweet, rich, filling, and tastes good in anything. Serve it in a savory dish or make a pie out of it! Sweet potato is high in vitamins C, D, E and B, it is a fantastic source of fiber, it is also known to have natural anti-inflammatory properties and it is low on the glycemic index despite its delicious sweet flavor! Avocados are the new super meat!
Pairing avocado and sweet potato with veggies, and eggs… you have a great and balanced meal! Healthy fats, lots of vitamins and minerals, fiber, and protein. What more could you ask for??? YUM!
Ingredients (Serves: 2)
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into large cubes (makes about 1½ cups)
- Olive oil spray
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 AvoGanic avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking pan with olive oil cooking spray. Place the diced sweet potato on the baking pan and season lightly with salt.
Roast for 15 minutes, then flip and roast for an additional 10 minutes, until browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan at medium to high heat and spray lightly with olive oil spray. Add in onion and cook, stirring constantly for a few minutes until softened. Add in yellow bell pepper and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add in egg whites and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add in garlic powder, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cherry tomatoes to just heat and soften then skin.
- When tomatoes are heated through, toss the sweet potatoes in the pan and combine all ingredients well.
- Remove from heat, and top with diced avocado and green onion.
- Sprinkle with paprika, spices to taste and enjoy!
Serving size: ½ recipe