BBQ Chicken Avocado Pizza. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds.
Please don’t be intimidated if you have never made pizza from scratch. It is easy as pie. Pizza pie! It takes a bit more planning ahead than ordering out, but all of the components can be prepped ahead of time — the dough, the sauce, the toppings. Most importantly, it can be made exactly the way you like it, with ingredients you know and trust! Let’s get started!
- Your favorite pizza dough (Homemade or store bought. This is my favorite)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken, shredded (fresh rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken is fine)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce (maybe one that is homemade!)
- Soft goat chevre or your favorite cheese, mozzarella is a fantastic option
- AvoGanic avocado, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare pizza dough according to instructions.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron or skillet pan on medium high heat. Add the onion slices and stir. Cook until onions become lightly golden brown. Add bell pepper and mushrooms to pan and continue to cook until onions are caramelized and bell pepper and onions are cooked.
- Brush 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce to prepared and rolled out pizza dough.
- Add the sauté onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- Coat the shredded pre-cooked chicken in the remaining 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce and add to the pizza.
- Sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes (or according to your pizza dough instructions)
- Remove from oven once the crust is cooked and golden brown. Allow to cool for 2-5 minutes.
- Add and arrange avocado slices on top.
- Slice and enjoy!
Dig into this BBQ Chicken Avocado Pizza made with AvoGanic avocados! Perfect for a Friday night dinner or at a BBQ with friends.
Homemade pizza is a fun to make. You just cannot beat that level of freshness when it comes out of your oven. Once you have made our delicious pie a few times, you’ll wonder why you never did it sooner. Enjoy!