There are so many different guacamole recipes and styles. Some like it chunkier, some like it smoother, some like it spicier and some even like it with no frills or thrills just smashed avocados with lime and salt. Guacamole does not need to be complicated nor require secret ingredients; however, it does require a few buttery ripe AvoGanic avocados. If you have discovered and tasted the AvoGanic difference then you understand what I am talking about. Our AvoGanic avocados are unlike any others.
Here are some of my tips for making killer guacamole:
- Use ripe AvoGanic avocados
- Don’t be afraid to use fresh onion and garlic – be bold!
- Use fresh cilantro – an easy herb to grow at home
- When in doubt add another squeeze of fresh lime (or lemon) juice – the acid brightens the flavors of the earthy onion, peppery garlic and buttery avocados
- Like spicy flavors? Don’t leave out the seeds of the jalapeño or serrano chile pepper you are chopping
- AvoGanic avocados are the show stopper in this bowl of guacamole
- 4 ripe, AvoGanic avocados
- 1/3 red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (we prefer 3)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (a small bunch of cilantro)
- 1 spicy pepper, finely chopped (jalapeño or serrano chile)
- A pinch or two of coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Juice of 2-3 fresh squeezed limes (or lemons)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- Cut avocados in half and carefully remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocados and place in a medium bowl. Mash to desired consistency (smooth or chunky!)
- Add the onion, garlic, cilantro, spicy pepper, salt, cumin and combine.
- Add the lime juice and gently fold in tomatoes.
- Scoop and enjoy!