Baked Egg in an Avocado Boat is an easy and delicious breakfast! At first, I was skeptical of the idea of baking an avocado. However, after pulling out the cooked dish from the oven the savory aroma alone was enough for me to grab a spoon and dig right in! I really enjoyed these baked eggs and was so surprised at how pleasant warm avocado tasted.
If you are an avocado fan…try these!
There are endless toppings you could add: bacon crumbles, diced tomatoes, goat cheese, cilantro, sliced green onions, feta cheese, salsa, a dash of hot sauce, etc. Personally, I love adding a sprinkle of goat cheese and a few dashes of hot sauce.
- 1 AvoGanic avocado
- 2 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Toppings of choice: Her favs – goat cheese and hot sauce (or salsa) & His favs – bacon, cheese, and hot sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut avocado in half and carefully remove seed. Depending on how large of an egg you have you may need to scoop out 1-2 Tablespoons of avocado flesh to make room for the egg.
- Place avocados open side up in a baking dish. Crack one egg in each avocado half and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg is desired doneness. I have larger eggs so it took 17 minutes in the oven for the perfectly baked egg yolk.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with desired toppings. Spread the avocado/egg on toast or dig right in with a spoon. Enjoy!
Breakfast of Champions! Egg Baked in an AvoGanic Avocado. Easy and healthy. Ready start to finish in less than 20 minutes!