Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Avocado-anything is a huge hit in our house, so are our fresh farm eggs. We love making avocado toast with a fresh egg on top or a breakfast egg scramble with fresh sliced avocado. Suddenly it hit us to try the combination of our guacamole with deviled eggs. Holy avocado-batman! An incredible flavor combination! Have you tried guacamole in your deviled eggs?! We highly recommend trying it. I am drooling just thinking about it, so let’s get started.
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 ripe AvoGanic avocados
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime (or lemon) juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cut hardboiled eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out cooked yolks and set aside in medium size bowl.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the fresh and place in the bowl with the yolk mixture.
- Use a fork to mash yolk and avocado mixture.
- Finely chop cilantro and dice tomato. Add to yolk and avocado mixture.
- Squeeze fresh lime (or lemon) in mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and cumin.
- Give a good mix and scoop a general spoonful into each of the hardboiled egg whites that were put aside.
- Top with a fresh sprig of cilantro, or for a fun flavor explosion top with cooked bacon crumbles and chopped chives.
We love whipping up a batch of the guacamole deviled eggs as an appetizer for a party, to bring along on a picnic or enjoy as a festive finger food for Easter.