The natural green color of Avoganic avocados make them the ideal St. Patrick’s Day food. Not only does the creamy, smooth texture and delectable taste blend well with Irish staples such as corned beef, lamb, and potatoes, the versatility of the green fruit lends itself to a variety of St. Patrick’s Day dishes from appetizers to salads to guacamole to dessert. The festive green hue means you can eat them at any and every meal or take them to any party without fear of getting pinched!
3 Festive Ideas:
- Add mashed avocado to your corned beef sandwich…mmm!
- Guacamole is an easy green addition to your holiday menu but have you ever tried it on potatoes?! Try adding a baked potato bar to your festive celebration, you can have a variety of fixings including delicious slices of avocado, and festive bowls of different flavored guacamole. Did someone say mango guacamole?!
- St. Patrick’s Day would not be complete without some sort of green liquid. Whip up this Shamrock Smoothie Shake in the morning to kick-off your celebration ☘
Shamrock Smoothie Shake
- 1/2 Avoganic avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup almond milk (or can swap for milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- 4-6 mint leaves or 1/4 teaspoon of mint extract
- 1 cup of ice
Optional Add-in:1 serving size of your favorite protein powder. I love adding chocolate flavor to mine! Creamy Mint Chocolate, say no more
- Combine avocado, banana, spinach, mint leaves or extract, almond milk, and ice in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with cocoa nibs, if desired!
St. Patrick’s Day would not be complete without some sort of green liquid. Whip up this Shamrock Smoothie Shake in the morning to kickoff your celebration
Snap a photo of yourself enjoying your Shamrock Smoothie Shake and tag @Avoganic and #Avoganic for a chance to be featured on Instagram and Facebook. We love seeing your delicious creations with Avoganic avos. Share the #AvoLove